Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston


I try to go running every morning.
This morning I ran and thought of Boston.
I believe in marathons, stamina, perseverance and challenges.
I trust people.
If a cashier gives me too much change, I tell her.
I have had a person run up to me, because she saw me leave my cell phone on the counter.
While walking down the street I smile at people and they smile back.
I work more than I probably should to achieve goals that oftentimes seem unreachable.
It doesn't matter how long it takes to reach those goals..
I just need to cross the finish line and glance back a stronger person.

On Facebook, Nicholas Kristoff wrote:
 Most inspiring glimpse here of the Boston marathon: runners who reportedly finished the 26 miles and then ran over to Mass General Hospital to donate blood.

Americans run marathons literally and figuratively every single day.

We always cross the finish line and immediately turn our eyes towards the next hurdle to overcome.



No comments: