Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!! Sticky Situation...



When facing a single tree, if you look at a single one of its red leaves, you will not see all the others. When the eye is not set on one leaf, and you face the tree with nothing at all in mind, any number of leaves are visible to the eye without limit. But if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.

(Takuan Soto)



Wahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Halloween!!!!!! Love, love, love Halloween!!!
Last year I craved candy corn, and fb friends took care of me to the point where if I NEVER see another piece of candy corn- I'll be just fine. (I'm still in debt for some chocolate for two Amys- I had the packages all ready to send but Sofia Madyson ruined that)
This year I craved caramel apples. Noooooooo caramel apples round these parts, so I asked the fb mammas for some help- and the recipes started pouring in. Love facebook!
And so does Sofia Madyson!



Here's the recipe:
Buy some caramels (I found something close enough here in Italy called- Mou)
Throw them in a saucepan with a piece of butter and half a cup of milk
Melt it all up
Dip apples with sticks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!! So easy!!!!!



And fun...finally, something FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Halloween to All- Live it up and stash some candy away for us!



2 comments:

tammy said...

Oooo ... sounds so yummy. I think this is the same recipe my mom used to make. We're headed to the store now to get the goods to make some halloween cupcakes, orange rice krispy treats, AND have now added caramel apples to the list! HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!

Debbie said...

I made caramel apples for Amelia's therapists for the holiday season last winter. I used Peter's Bulk Caramel (it's pricey -- but unbelievably delicious and you can order it online), belgium milk chocolate, white chocolate, granny smith apples and crushed peanuts/oreos. Caramel first, let set in fridge ON PARCHMENT PAPER!!!! Melt milk chocolate in microwave (slowly), dip roll in crushed peanuts or oreos, let set in fridge. Melt White chocolate and drizzle over crazy apple creation! After they set (I kept them in fridge and took out to get room temp before serving. I bought plastic goodie bags. Put apple in bag and tie ribbon around the stick in holiday (whatever holiday it is). Voila! I did them in all variations, including 1/2 oreo and 1/2 peanut. They came out to about $5/apple -- great gifts and fun to make!