Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter

The Little Boy and the Old Man
By Shel Silverstein
Said the little boy, "Sometimes I drop my spoon."
Said the little old man, "I do that too."
The little boy whispered, "I wet my pants."
"I do that too," laughed the little old man.
Said the little boy, "I often cry."
The old man nodded, "So do I."
"But worst of all," said the boy, "it seems
Grown-ups don't pay attention to me."
And he felt the warmth of a wrinkled old hand.
"I know what you mean," said the little old man.



I talked to my mom today about my Grammy. Apparently 93 year old studly Jake ordered a tray of crabcakes for his TWO ladies. (My gram loves crabcakes, hon) My grandma won three dollars in the weekly Bingo event at the home and tried to pay Jake for the crabcakes. He refused and said, "Don't worry, Betty, my treat. But if you want to give me something I love, I'd sure love some matzah ball soup from S and H!"
My grandmother turned to her daughter-my mother and said, "Monye, would you mind getting Jake a bowl of matzah ball soup?"
My mom replied, "Okay Mother."
To me she said, "Shit, now I have to go and order all of her dinner table soup from S and H!"

I love you, Mom.

No comments: