Monday, January 5, 2009

Party Time!

Yippeehooooooooo! It's party time here at the small home that will soon be the scene of fifty screaming children shouting, "Be-fa-na! Be-fa-na!" No, the holiday season doesn't end here on New Year's Day, the Italians draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag it out another week for the Epiphany. Basically, my mother-in-law dresses up as an old hag with a blinking nose, broom and old lady- who-lives-in-the-country attire. She traditionally makes her grand entrance to the explosion of a firecracker, then dive rolls so that the hysterical kidlings can see her ruffled bloomers. After, she takes the seat of honor as the excited children await their candies, and I pull out the annual present of a bright red thong so that everyone can laugh and she can say, "Ooooh, Santa Claus will LOVE this!" I kind of wonder what she does with those little items every year...

Speaking of dirty old men, as I was doing the pre-party shopping an 85 year old man tapped me on the shoulder and asked, "Are you from Naples?"
I said, "Um. No." (What is with these men? I am A*M*E*R*I*C*A*N!!!)
He looked me in the eyes and said, "I'm surprised, because you have that incredible beauty that only a woman from Naples possesses..."
Note: I have red hair and green eyes.
This is a typical woman from Naples:

*Blind Dirty old man*
Gotta love him!

No comments: