Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother


I'm learning that once upon a time can happen more than once in a lifetime.
Unfortunately, the Prince, may not be charming forever.
At a certain point, Cinderella has to grow up, shed her rags and step into her big-girl dress.
And they both live happily ever after...just not together.

Maybe at 41, I see things through more discriminating eyes.

We lived Paris in love, caught a huge fish in Miami, played ping pong on the beach, walked the dog together, travelled Italy, took the kids to amusement parks, played cards every night and held hands all day.

I inhaled and exhaled magic.

And as suddenly as it all began, it ended.
Like abracadabra, Bye.

I believe in carpe diem.
I have made peace with impermanence.
I have no regrets, only pain and suffering.

I've come to the realization that with all of the suffering in the world, it's okay to suffer for love.

And my personal Fairy Godmother...my Mom, is saving my life one day at a time.





No comments: