Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!!! 2012...Sounds Good:-)

Today I took 40 minutes and went to the beach.
Just me, sunshine, the sea and my boots stuck right in the sand.
I sat, stared and gave thanks.
I breathed in the fresh air and exhaled.
Sofia Madyson was born 9 years ago today.
Yesterday over a cup of hot chocolate and a brownie, she said, "Mommy, go ahead and tell me your most intimate secrets!"

I do believe my mouth dropped.
I replied, "Drink your hot chocolate, Sofia".

Sofia received a lotttttttttttt of presents for her birthday, but when she woke up this morning she asked if I had made her a card.
I said, "No".
And felt like the worst Mamma in the world.

So, today after the beach I went to the mall (there's now one in Grosseto) and bought her a book. On the inside flap I wrote her a long letter.

And I shared my first intimate secret with my 9 year old daughter.
I told her about the time I got in trouble for kissing a boy on the cheek during a game of "Truth or Dare" when I was 9 years old. We had to eat the rest of our lunch at the "punishment table".

I hid the book under her pillow, so before she goes to bed she will find her last birthday surprise.

Happy New Year to all...I hope it brings more love, Newborn Hearing Screening in Italy, passion and an infinite amount of "Wow...that's amazing!"


4 comments:

PolyglotMom said...

Happy New Year to you too! I wanted to tell you that I got a copy of Rally Caps for Christmas. I'm so excited to start reading it with Lucas! Love!

Anonymous said...

What a precious story! Thanks for telling it so well! Happy bday to your daughter and congratulations to you!

Barbara

Paula {JustABiteDesserts.com} said...

Happy New Year to you all and warm, wonderful birthday wishes for Sofia. I am sure she was thrilled to hear your intimate secret! xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you all!!! Happy New Year:-)
Let me know what you think of the book....
xoxo,
Jodi