Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blue Ice-Cream for Lunch

I spent the last beach day with my girlfriend and my girl.
At a certain point a bee decided to bless us with its presence.
Sofia SCREAMED.
And jumped on me.
She continued screaming and whining.
I said, "SOFIA!!! BEES STING GIRLS WHO SCREAM!"
She stopped.
We cuddled.
I snuggled her up.
She has the most kissable cheeks. Her cheeks are like balloon cheeks, you have to attach your lips to them and just keep kissing.
There was a time when I dreaded Sundays. Sundays in Italy are family days to be spent at the table over first, second, third and fourth courses...a day of eating and sleeping on the sofa.
Today, we spent our Sunday on the beach, soaking the sun and listening to mp3 downloads.
We had blue Smarties ice-cream for lunch. I told her NEVER to tell her children about the kind of mother I am.
She said, "Okay, Mommy, I promise I won't".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jodi, you are ALWAYS able to create a fantastic atmosphere.....and at the same time a very tangible one - I mean you give the readers the impression of being beside you. You M*U*S*T write a(nother) book. Ferdi (from Padua)