Friday, August 26, 2011

Post number 1,020: Jodi Meets Paula in Florence

Well, after 4 years of blogging, of sharing lives, of living the ups and downs of the daily grind and those moments of difficulty and exhilaration...we finally met.
And when we met, there wasn't an awkward moment, we kind of just continued speaking as if we had been in the middle of a four year conversation.
Adorable.
Paula is beautiful and the rest of her family- I got to meet Julie...spectacular- I give her about six months until she's on the cover of Seventeen Magazine.
They put the Brady Bunch to shame.
Keep in mind, it was about 104 degrees in Florence, the kind of weather where just standing provokes the dripping face sweat kind of thing. And there we all were, hugging, sweating and talking.
We talked about kids, life, family, friends and the Nucleus 5 upgrade while shopping for thongs and makeup.
The perfect meeting for two women who have gone through life's major transitions...
Together...
Virtually.
It was as if I had known her all my life.

1 comment:

Paula {JustABiteDesserts.com} said...

You are too sweet, Jodi! We loved meeting you at long last and know our paths will cross again.

I can't even begin to express what a thrill it was to finally meet a woman who has more courage, heart and brains than pretty much anyone I've met before. You are beautiful on the inside and out and with you, I feel like I have an old and lifelong friend. Thank you for making the trip to see us! xoxo