Tuesday, March 1, 2011

-14 Days


So I had the stomach flu on Sunday and slept it off on Monday. I slept for about 20 hours. And I believe I'm a different person. As I begin to write this blog, I feel that I am not the same person who wrote the last post. Bizarre.



They say that the flu makes you grow. My kids usually grow a few centimeters after an illness. Really.

I didn't feel sorry for myself that I was sick and alone.
But I did reflect upon this fact.
I didn't feel like I was missing anything.
I just snuggled up in my leopard comforter.
I felt actually fine even though I was puking my lungs out.
Well, how bout that.

Weakness-inspired-strength.
Interesting.

I told my grandmother who's been in the hospital to hold on and be strong.
I told her to hold on for just another 14 days...I'm coming.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Thinking about you Jodi and keeping hope. Have a safe trip home.

Paula {JustABiteDesserts.com} said...

Hey Sweetie, Sorry you're going home for your Grandma's illness, but know that you'll be surrounded by love. Thinking of you. xo P