Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sushi for One

I'll be 39 in two days. Avoid the f word please.
I don't know why, but I'm having an attack of nostalgia, I miss my Pop and my family.
Could be because I'm totally alone in this wonderful Tuscany, but I don't think so. I'm learning to fill the void with myself, so that I can overflow for my kids.
I would want to talk to him about impermanence, about how people evolve and choose different paths than the ones they thought they would follow for always.
And I would want him to know that I have learned to take NO for an answer. I've never been a big believer in NO, but sometimes it is the only option.
I would tell him that when you spend money you do in fact diminish in wealth, but that when you give with heart, you become richer and richer to such a level that emptiness does not exist.
I am the luckiest.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Today seems to be a day of memories and introspection - your thoughts are, as always, thoughtful and filled with wisdom.
Big hugs my friend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this worthy article, it's very much acclaimed blogs