Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chubby Hubby

 
Landing in the USA is like landing on another planet. Really. I need time to adjust...and to unwind. For example, I went to a bar/restaurant with my mom to meet her friend and I threw on some clothes...Grosseto beach clothes. Wrong move. I stepped straight out of prairie land into the heart of boobs and diamonds, gossip and staring...and saw the man with the hairiest chest I've seen in my life - literally his white chest hair stretched straight up to his nose hair.

I have been so overwhelmed with work, projects, kids, house, crazy dog and Italy that stepping off the plane to the open arms of family, support, love and relaxation wiped me out.

You can't just go from there to here and here to there and remain 100% sane.

On my facebook page, I've been complaining about the heat. Take the US heat and live it for 20 days straight without air conditioning, sitting in front of the computer, hanging clothes under the beating sun and ironing while sweating 24/7 to suddenly sit your butt on a planeride of 10 straight hours of air conditioning and you will find yourself in the middle of a mental breakdown two days later as the two worlds collide in your sizzling skin.

I opened the book, "Eat, Pray, Love" and I'm devouring it.
A friend I met through the CI Circle told me that the period after her separation was a period of great introspection. I am concentrating on loving my kids and loving myself.
I sent a friend of mine a text message saying that I'm stuck in Tweenerville yet again. He told me to be American and relax.

Not bad advice...

No comments: