Friday, April 23, 2010

Gelato and Curls

Yesterday Sofia and I went for gelato. She got a cone with three scoops: Kinder Bueno, Kinder Latte and Yogurt. The last time we had ice-cream, on Sunday, she got Mint, Coconut and Yogurt. I love that she changes ice-cream flavors every single time.

We sat on a bench under a tree and the sun was a-shining.

I watched as she devoured the ice-cream and she even stopped mid-lick to offer me a taste, which I took. Delicious.

I asked, "Sofia, are you in love with any boys in your class?" She said, "No, Mommy."
Thank God.

When she finished her ice-cream, she jumped on my lap and hugged me...for a good two minutes.

Two minutes is an eternity, when you consider I was so out of my head for two years that I never even took the time to have ice-cream with my daughter.

And that ice-cream on a bench under a tree in the sun on a miscellaneous day in April will always be one of the happiest moments of my life.

No comments: