Sunday, May 10, 2009

Like Mother Like Daughter



How hot is my mom?!!

When I was a little girl, I was lucky. My mom shopped so much that her clothes didn't fit in her bedroom closet, so she took over mine. Heaven. Think Olivia Newton-John and the Grease outfit where she wears those really tight, black pants...my mom had them in gold and silver. When she would go to work, I would strut around the house in those gold pants like I was queen of Nemo Road. Okay, I also added her lace-up, patent-leather high-heeled sandals, her rhinestone-jeans material-square earrings and a lot...I mean a lot of blue eye shadow.

Once she caught me shaving my legs with her razor- I was about eight at the time. She wasn't too happy.

Niki and I were latch-key kids of divorced parents. We rode the bus home from school, opened the door, made ourselves a snack, did homework and waited for mom to come home. She was a real estate agent, so sometimes she would be home and sometimes not. One afternoon, Niki and I were home having our snack when someone tried to break in our house. They pounded on the first door, jiggled the handle and asked, "Hey is your mom home??"
I freaked. I dialed 484-9000, my mom's work number that I have engraved in my brain since that traumatic moment. She answered, freaked out more than me and said she was coming straight home- and NOT TO OPEN THE DOOR!!! She called the police from work. I was never so happy to see my mom as when she walked through that door ten minutes later.

When I was thirteen years old, there was a teen-party at the Hilton. I was DYING to go. I asked my mom and she said, "NO WAY!!!" I smiled, said, "Okay, Mom"- called my best friend Mara to ask if I could sleep over that night. She said, "Yes." So, Mara's mom took us to the teen-party at the Hilton. Um, my mom was slightly pissed off and grounded me. She didn't talk to Mara's mom for like four years.

My last year of middle school I was part of a dance company that toured shopping malls and high schools to perform shows. My mom had no doubt that I was going to be a professional dancer, so she convinced me to try out for the Baltimore School of Arts. I did a routine to "Thriller" (need I say more?)I was rejected... But the most important moment of that day, was when my mom took me out for our first mother-daughter lunch to some chic little Bistro-type place and we ate potato soup together...just the two of us. We talked.

I could go on and on, but I think I'll stop. Mom, you always complain that I only focus on the bad, difficult and ugly, but that isn't entirely true. If I only praised you all the time, you wouldn't keep working so hard to be the perfect mother.

*Smile*

I love you

5 comments:

deb b said...

I enjoyed that Jodi!
You should read THE MIDDLE PLACE by Kelly Corrigan....

http://www.kellycorrigan.com/themiddleplace/videos.php

Unknown said...

Thanks Deb...hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day, because YOU are a beautiful Mom!

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://tinysykup.easyfreehosting.com/jiwinu.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://jykywyfu.freecities.com/ahylyt.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]