Sunday, April 5, 2009
MOMS Around the World in 80 Clicks
I received this email a couple of days ago:
You don't know me but I found your blog because I was specifically
searching for blogs written by moms all around the world.
A few days ago, Catherine Connors of the blog Her Bad Mother -
http://badladies.blogspot.com/She's trying to see
if we can connect mothers all around the world so that we can all just
click through and learn about parenting in other countries. The
entire thing basically means writing a post about five things you love
(or "love" if it's one of THOSE days) about being a mom.
I was hoping that you might consider taking part in the project.
There's no enormous rush to post something, but if you could, that
would be really awesome.
(By the way I can not tell you how envious I am that you live in Tuscany!)
Sherry Osborne :: twitter.com/sherina
Chaos Theory - http://andromeda.qc.ca/
Canada Moms blog - http://canadamomsblog.com/
And considering there is nothing I love better than being a mom, here goes the list of the 5 things I love the most about being called "Mamma!"
1. Yesterday morning Jordan received the following letter in the mail in response to the essay he submitted entitled, "Different, yet the Same":
In relation to the 8th annual competition entitled, "Different, yet the Same: From Cultural Barriers to Architectural Barriers" it is with great pleasure that I inform you that your essay has been recognized for excellence(or something like that) by the Jury which has decided to award you Honorable Mention in the competition.
I am also proud to invite you to the ceremony to be held on April 21st where the awards will be presented and you will be given a certificate and prize for your essay.
I will be honored to notify the Director of your school so that she will allow you to be absent from school in order to claim your prize and in the hope that she will invite your class to attend the ceremony...
2. Sofia Madyson, two weeks ago, said: "YOU are not a sweet mommy. How I would love to have a SWEET mommy. Chiara's Mommy is sweet and she makes really good dinner. You are a terrible cook!"
Sofia Madyson, yesterday: "Mommy, you are a queen. You are such a sensitive mommy, I love you!"
3. Secretary from Jordan's school: Mrs. Del Dottore, your son would like to talk to you.
Jordan: Mamma, I don't feel well. Can you come and pick me up from school?
I'd never tell them this, but I love going to get my kids from school when they are sick and weak. We have our best conversations one on one in the car-ride home when they have that I-am-so-grateful-that-you-rescued-me-from-school voice.
4. 4,20 am.- Dead asleep, I feel something touching my arm. It's Sofia: "Mommy, can I sleep with you, I had a bad dream." We cuddle and I am the happiest Mamma in the world. Then, she awakens me with her lethal morning breath and she blows it in my face intentionally. No other human being should ever have to experience my daughter's morning breath, she may never marry.
5. This video is in Italian, it's the last scene that gets me every time...