Friday, April 17, 2009

The Secret


Two summers ago, when I was in Baltimore promoting RALLY CAPS, my mom called me into the living room and told me that I needed to watch a video with her. The video was called "THE SECRET". Apparently the book was featured on Oprah and my mom was so impressed that she made the investment. I saw the film during a period of my life where I was in limbo and wanted to do something important. This is what "The Secret" is about:

The Secret reveals the most powerful law in the universe. The knowledge of this law has run like a golden thread through the lives and the teachings of all the prophets, seers, sages and saviors in the world's history, and through the lives of all truly great men and women. All that they have ever accomplished or attained has been done in full accordance with this most powerful law.

Without exception, every human being has the ability to transform any weakness or suffering into strength, power, perfect peace, health, and abundance.

Rhonda Byrne's discovery of The Secret began with a glimpse of the truth through a 100 year old book. She went back through centuries, tracing and uncovering a common truth that lay at the core of the most powerful philosophies, teachings and religions in the world.

What Rhonda discovered is now captured in The Secret, a film that has been viewed by millions around the world. The Secret has also been released as an audio-book and printed book with more than six million copies in print.

The Secret reveals the natural law that is governing all lives. By applying the knowledge of this law, you can change every aspect of your life.

This is the secret to prosperity, health, relationships and happiness. This is the secret to life.


I had such a pure, unconditional need to make a difference and to love. I had just begun posting on the CI Circle at that time and wanted to share my experiences to provide support for other parents who may not have had support, just like I didn't while raising Jordan. That was the beginning of my own healing experience and I didn't even realize it. The law of THE SECRET is to really want something so badly and to give it to the Universe...to have faith.

*I have always had FAITH*

Anyway, the point of this post is the following. Yesterday was the two year anniversary of the publication of RALLY CAPS in the USA and the first year anniversary of its publication in Italy. And yesterday was the first day I sat with another mother through a cochlear implant surgery, reliving my experience with Jordan and all of the anxiety and stress of those painful four hours.

It was an extremely stressful day, but it all went well and the little girl and her mom are recovering nicely. On the trainride home from Pisa, I sat next to a guy. About halfway through the ride, I glanced over to see what he was reading..."THE SECRET"- in Portugese.

I believe in signs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I too, have read The Secret. It is with me every day. For those who wonder what is this about, there is a website, http://www.thesecret.tv/ where you can get more information. Enjoy and may you live a better life.

Phil

K'man said...

Good morning, it is 314 on a Saturday morning and I cannot sleep. I remembered reading the 'around the world' blog by Her Bad Mother and started on my trip. After two links I found myself in Tuscany.
7 years ago my mother who had gone deaf gradually had bilateral implants. It took her a year to learn how to hear again. I am about 50% diminished, our loss is hereditary.
I was touched to read about you reassuring another mother through her experience. Jill (wife) and I have just had our second child. While it is still too soon to tell if they have inherited the hearing problems I have, so far they have the hearing of bats.
Since it is the middle of the night, I am babbling a bit. Just know I enjoyed your post. I will likely be getting CI in another 10 years or so.

deb b said...

wow. I believe in signs too ! Great story Jodi!

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://uhahetyk.angelcities.com/nisuqepo.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich