Tuesday, June 30, 2009
You Know You are Italian When...
1. You see a pair of shoes you absolutely must have in the window of a shop at 12:59 pm. and you have resigned yourself to accepting the fact that you must wait until 4:00 pm to buy them.
2. You are one of the 98% of the population at 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm sitting at the table eating pasta.
3. Conversing with women breastfeeding babies in the cafe, on the train, in the park, in front of school, trying on clothes no longer phases you.
4. Your child screams, "Mommy, there's no toilet paper!! and you calmly whip out a packet of tissues from your purse.
5. You know the type of undergarments your neighbors wear because you see them hanging on the clothesline every day.
6. You can no longer live without a bidet.
7. You only drink cappuccino for breakfast- not as an after-dinner drink.
8. Your kids sing the Italian National Anthem and not the Star Spangled Banner.
9. You order beer with your Happy Meal.
10. While riding the train to Pisa, Americans talk about you to your face because they think you are Italian.
11. You must have cool sunglasses.
12. You yell at your kids instead of explaining and offering choices.
13. You start having difficulty finding the right English word to express yourself.
14. There are Italian songs on your iPod
15. You no longer eat bread with your pasta
I could go on and on, but I have to prepare for the trip home and now that the kids' passports have arrived...I'm sure we'll be leaving.