Tuesday, June 16, 2009

School's Out: A Taste of Tuscany

Jordan is now officially an 8th Grader!!!!!!!!


And Sofia Madyson...A 2nd Grader!!!!! Note her drawing of raindrop friends:))


Allow me to give you a glimpse of how the Tuscans organize end of the school year celebrations:

The mothers, who are ALL excellent in the kitchen are each assigned a dish to bring to the festivities. (I gave 25 euro towards coldcuts. Hahahahahaha)

I was starving, so I didn't think to photograph the appetizers...too busy eating.

Note the various cold pasta and cold rice dishes, known as "first plate"...

And here we have "second plate"- an assortment of sausage and beans, roast beef and trippa- something like cooked intestines, I can't remember exactly what it is, but it's something gooey that I do not eat.

Then, there are the drinks including homemade wine bottled in water bottles...now THAT is good stuff.

And once the party's over...SUMMER on the BEACH begins!!!!

2 comments:

Stephen said...

LOL!!!!!!! How do you Eye-tallions stay so thin after soooooo many courses?????? dad

Stephen said...

Poke Face is now on my ipod....u go Lady GaGa! d