Monday, May 23, 2011

Maria Shriver

I have been away stimulating my mind, sharing experiences, informing doctors and learning something from every single person I've met along the way.

During this period I read about the Maria Shriver situation. I read her book, "Just Who Will You Be?" at a particular time of my life. I could not answer that damn question at that moment. It haunted me.

Because at that precise moment in time, I couldn't figure out who I was. A flood of life experiences overwhelmed me, panic ensued, a marriage ended and I found myself in a position of struggle-emotional, financial and basically everything.

I have since discovered who I was; in order to do that, I relived childhood, high school, marriage, becoming a mom and realizing I had a place in this world.

I do not know "who I will be," but I now know who I am.

And that....is half the battle.
Because you just never know when life will throw you a curveball, but you certainly know how you will react if you know damn well who you are.

No comments: