Saturday, November 10, 2007

AN INSPIRATIONAL MOM BLOGS HER NEW JOURNEY

(Note:copied with permission from Christina's blog)
MEET CHRISTIAN'S MOMMY

I'm a 29 year old first-time Mommy to my gorgeous baby boy, Christian. Christian has severe-profound sensorineural hearing loss in his right ear and moderate-severe in his left, and we learn more about his loss everyday. I've been married to my fabulous husband, Chuck for 2 years. He's an amazing husband and father. I'm making the transition from working full-time as an Event Planner to working 24 hours a day as a Stay-at-Home Mom.

CHRISTIAN'S MOMMY'S BLOG 3 DAYS BEFORE HE RECEIVED HIS HEARING AIDS

FINALLY! We are only 3 more days away from getting Christian's hearing aids. It's hard to believe that it has taken us THIS long to finally get him aided, but it's almost here. I can't even begin to describe how excited we are as a family to get the little guy his ears. Christian's aids will be set low, and gradually increased to high settings as the weeks go by. I JUST CAN'T WAIT!

I know that I want the first words he hears out of his aids to be "I Love You Christian", but I can't decide what the first SONG I want him to hear. Right now, it's a toss-up between Lie in Our Graves by DMB and In My Life by The Beatles.

We've been working on A LOT of ASL, and Christian has definitely picked up the sign for "Milk" and is almost there for "More". I know over the past couple of years, many folks with hearing babies have used signs as a way to communicate with their kids. I think that is AWESOME and a wonderful bonding experience for the parents and child. I will say though, as a Mommy to HOH baby, signing has taken on a whole new meaning for us. Right now, without his aids, signing is the only way that Christian can "hear" us. Even when he gets his aids, we still will have to rely on his signs.

AND NOW FOR CHRISTIAN'S BIG DAY...



TO FOLLOW THIS INSPIRATIONAL FAMILY'S JOURNEY IN DEAFNESS, READ THEIR BLOG! LIVE*LAUGH*LOVE (Christina, could ya tell me how to play music on my blog like you do???)

No comments: