Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jordan's Essay Experience

Yesterday, Jordan came home and told me he had to write an essay about Valentine's Day for Italian class.
We sat down together and he wrote the following: (printed with permission from Jordan)

I tried in every way possible to avoid writing this essay, because Valentine's Day is a painful holiday for me. I'm fifteen years old and I don't have a girlfriend. I would like to fall in love, but I'm not ready.

When I was very young and in Elementary School, every year I brought chocolate, flowers and love notes to one of my classmates who had bright blue eyes. Once I even took one of my mother's bracelets to declare my love for her, but my mom found out and I had to give back the bracelet.

My mom loves Valentine's Day and this year she gave me a pair of boxer shorts with a wolf that make a sound that goes, "Uu- Uu- Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" These things are funny, but I suffer anyway.

I want to find my soulmate; my ideal girl would be beautiful, intelligent and fun.
She would have to be sensitive, because she would need to understand how much difficulty I have in talking to girls. I am a gentleman, and I would like to find a girl who appreciates that and who isn't looking for someone "COOL".

In any case, I really hope that for next Valentine's Day I'll have found this girl, because I'm getting tired of my mom's presents.

OKAY

So, Jordan went to school this morning ready to hand in the assignment, only the teacher announced to the class that each person would have to
READ
THEIR
ESSAY
ALOUD!!!!!!

All I can say is that he did it.
23 girls in the class, and 6 guys.
His class requested that he wear the boxer shorts to school:-)

3 comments:

Stephen said...

What a great job! Love That Boy! OMG....I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall of that classroom when he read his essay outloud! lol :)nonno

Unknown said...

LOL...tell me about it! His face when he told me about it, said it all...
hahahaha

Paula {JustABiteDesserts.com} said...

Just reading this post now and it is AWESOME! Some girl is going to be very lucky to be graced by the love of your boy one day. They are growing so fast I think it is going to be sooner than we think. Love you!