Saturday, February 18, 2012

Champagne and Lobster

Emma: I'm not good at this stuff.
Adam: At what, talking?
Emma: Yeah, talking... communicating... relationship stuff. It's just... If we were in a relationship I'd become a weird scary version of myself, and my throat starts constricting, the walls start throbbing, it's like a peanut allergy. It's like an emotional peanut allergy.

I wanted to post for Valentine's Day, but I didn't- because I feel like if I write about what I'm living right now, it may disappear.
Jordan did not want to go to school. But I made him go anyway.
I remember when he used to bring his classmates handmade valentines and the day he took my bracelet to give to a girl he was in love with.
Those first-love emotions get lost when we "grow up".
It's easy to talk about sex education and reproduction; but the emotions involved, the sentiments that we should really discuss in depth are often overlooked.

It's not about the birds and the bees..it's totally about the butterflies.
Butterflies can be scary, uncontrollable and unpredictable.

Some choose to remain safe and isolated in that cocoon, while others break free.

The drama comes when the cocoon is broken open when you least expect it.
And at that great moment when solitude has become safety, you open your eyes and think, "Shit"...

To make a long story short, we all experience fear, insecurity and curiosity throughout our lives.
We live emotions in one way when we are adolescents and in another way as adults.

Or at least I thought it was like that, because at this present moment, I am a 40 year old woman living the emotions of a 15 year old with butterflies in her stomach.

Life IS what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

No comments: