Monday, January 16, 2012

THE Espresso

I went to Naples for a meeting to organize pediatric courses.
75,000 babies are born in the region of Campania every year.
I stopped in Gambrinus for what everyone said was the best coffee in the world.
I stood in front of the counter and waited for that famous cup of coffee.
You know those scenes where the spotlight is on a person and despite the 50 people surrounding that person only that bubble exists?
I was in the bubble.
The man behind the bar placed the cup of espresso on the counter.
I picked it up and almost dropped it directly on the floor.
I barely managed to place it back on the saucer.
They serve espresso in burning hot cups.
I waited a minute.
Then, I drank the espresso.
Amazing.

One of those carpe diem things.
One of those memories you make, that you keep.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You can take the girl out of America but you can't take The America out of the girl! Love it!!!!

Unknown said...

My girl!!!
Miss you and hope all's going well!!!!
Kiss the girlz.