Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Unpredictable


Sometimes, Sofia gets the urge to play dress up and she likes leaving the house in her fashion statements. People turn, stare and smile.

Yesterday, Jordan decided to style his hair alĂ  John Travolta with a touch of Elvis. I grabbed a handful of water to try to throw at that thing sticking up from his head, aimed and missed. He yelled at me..........he thinks he's cool with his new hair.

At the end of her playdate, Sofia must have taken the container of microwave popcorn and shot it off the terrace, because when I walked outside Brie looked up at me and smiled.

I screamed: Sofia, WHAT IS THIS MESS?????
Sofia replied with a grin: Mommy, it's SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I smiled.

Today is a beautiful, sunny day in Tuscany, but as you know one of those dark clouds could pop up overhead and storm away the sunshine.

Those clouds always manage to pass.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

2 comments:

Debbie said...

You know Jodi, one of my favorite things about your writing is the sheer humor. Your ability to look at yourself, your life, your children and laugh. Not just smile...but laugh. It takes a very special person to do that. You're not self deprecating -- you're human! xo

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, my names Eva and im completely new to this forum.

I hope that I'll learn and share a lot of interesting things.

Thanks,
Eva