Monday, September 8, 2008

Post *300* Sofia Madyson

Saturday morning, Sofia awoke, inspired, "Mommy, I want to dress up as a ballerina, today."
Me: "Sofia, it's about 115 degrees here today with 100% humidity, don't really think it's a great idea to wear a long-sleeved leotard, tights and dance skirt right about now...!
Sofia: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I want to dress up like a pink ballerina, Mooooommy!"
At that moment, a vision of Brooke in her Santa dress flashed before me and I said, "Sofia, do what you want."
So, Sofia proceeded to dress herself in ballerina attire: she pulled up her pink leotard, asked me to tie her taffeta ballerina skirt, then remembered she needed her pink tights, so I had to undo the skirt, help her pull up her tights and retie the skirt. She then sprinted into her bedroom, ran back into my bedroom and screamed, "Ta-dah!"
I said, "YOU are such a ballerina princess, but do you realize that your legwarmers are on your arms?"

She said, "Uh, yeeeeeeeeeah!"
Me: Cool. Aren't you a bit hot?
Her: No, Mommy, I'm beautiful! (God, help me.)
Me: Sofia Madyson, wanna come with me to get a cappuccino?
Her: Yes, Mommy. (five minutes pass) I CAN'T FIND MY BALLET SHOES!AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! (She emptied her entire wardrobe and it was sitting on the floor in a heap)
Me: "Throw on your pink crocs, girlfriend and move your butt, I really need a cappuccino!"
Sofia: Okay, I'm ready Mommy.
Me: (Noting that she had decided to add a pink Barbie hat to the mix) Okay, let's go.
Sofia: Mommy?
Me: Yes? (I can just feel what's coming...)
Sofia: I have to go to the bathroom.

My Pink Ballerina Princess

4 comments:

VBnBama said...

HHAAAAA, HHHAAAA.
But you know, one day Jodi...these girls will still walk beside us, proud to be our daughters...even if WE are the ones w/a fashion flaw. I'll wear my Santa dress in the summer and you'll put leg warmers on your arms, but our girls will owe us right?

VBnBama said...

and by the way...
do you think people would look at us and think we are adorable too?
Anyway, I think the leg warmers are must! She's so precious!

Unknown said...

Hee hee,
They will walk ten feet in front of us at all times and only acknowledge us when they need money...facts of life.
and by the way...we were born adorable, too.
*smile*

InsaneMisha said...

*chuckles and shakes her head*

That's so adorable! I've been there and done with my daughter when she was a little girl. Right now she's 24, thank goodness! Anyway, she would insist on wearing the outfit that wouldn't tolerate the climate and whatnot. Yes, she even wore the sleeveless ballerina outfit during the wintertime when I was taking my kids (she has an older brother who wouldn't want to get caught dead with his sister wearing like that) out on the errands. Of course, she wore her jacket but it wasn't zipped even though I kept zipping it. You know the rest.
When she became a teenager....OH BOY! She almost snuck out to school in inappropriate outfit she borrowed from her friend. But we caught her and made her change it. I still never forget that outfit. It was a siren red short jacket and siren red low cut pants that would show her bellybutton. Hell had come when I raised HELL, LOL.
Thank goodness I only have ONE daughter when I have two boys in between.
Hope you'll be prepared once Sofia becomes a teenager. Yikes! LOL

Nonetheless, thanks for bringing up a several great memories of my daughter dressing up like that and whatnot.

Ciao,
Misha :D